Eddie Grey Cracking The Compressor Code TUTORIAL
Are you ready to Crack the Compressor Code? Join award-winning composer Eddie Grey as he teaches you the ins and outs of this make-or-break mixing skill. Compression is often one of the most misunderstood and challenging tools for beginner and intermediate mixers to grasp but this course aims to clear that up.
Gain a deeper understanding of key compression concepts such as attack and release, threshold, and ratios; and learn the difference between FET, VCA, Opto, and everything in-between. Enjoy!
This course covers
INTRO TO COMPRESSION:
- Intro To Compression
- The Two Main Reasons Most People Never Really Learn Compression
- What Exactly Are We Compressing Anyway?
- What Does Compression Look Like?
HOW TO SET A COMPRESSOR:
- Setting Attack and Release
- The Various Compressor Control Parameters
- A Basic Approach to Compression
- Multiple Stages of Compression
CRACKING THE COMPRESSOR CODE:
- The 8 Basic Functions of a Compressor
- The 8 Basic Functions of a Compressor II
- Compression Models
- Cracking the Compressor Code