Learn piano or keyboard from scratch – Complete piano course TUTORIAL
This piano course is for anyone who wants to learn to play the piano, as for other instrumentalists who also want to learn how to play the piano as a second instrument and to have a review of music theory.
It’s designed for total beginners on the piano and will take you to an intermediate level.
The characteristics of this course are:
- You will apply the theory and skills learned during the lectures in songs that you will play together with a band (play-along mp3 files and
- MIDI files included). In this way, practicing the notes in the scales becomes a pleasure!
- Lots of practice files (mp3 and MIDI) in all 12 keys and in several tempos included
- All scales, chords and more included in handy downloadable pdf files for later reference (with finger positions for left and right hand)
- Clear explanations by an experienced teacher (more than 25 years of teaching experience)
And of course: this piano course comes with full lifetime access and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Apart from the introduction section (8 lectures), the course consists of 4 main sections, each with a lot of lectures that will help you to advance in a steady way. The 4 main sections are:
- Scales (90 lectures)
- Chords (41 lectures)
- Reading music (11 lectures)
- Improvisation (21 lectures)
The 3 first sections (scales, chords and reading music) are not just boring theory lessons: theory is always combined with playing a song, and the song is mostly played together with a band. You can use the included mp3 files to play along together with the band: this is really a fun way of learning how to play the piano and at the same time learn music theory!
Some of the topics covered in this course:
- Major scales in all 12 keys
- Minor scales in all 12 keys
- Transposing songs in other keys
- Lots of songs to practice the notes of the scales
- Circle of fifths
- Major triads
- Minor triads
- Dominant 7th chords
- Minor 7th chords
- Diminished chords
- Lots of songs to practice the chords
- Treble clef
- Bass clef
- Time signature
- Key signature
- Practice songs
- Pentatonic scale (major and minor)
- Blues scale
- The 12 measure blues
- Improvising with the pentatonic and blues scales
- Adding rhythm in the left hand accompaniment
- Adding colors (9th, #9th, 13th) in the left hand accompaniment
- Extend the blues scale with extra notes
What you’ll learn
- Complete beginners will be taken to an intermediate (or even higher) level of piano playing with a thorough understanding of music theory.
- You will master all the chords on the piano that will allow you to play all the songs you want.
- You will know how to play any song by ear by just listening attentively, then deriving chords and melody.
- You will know how to read music, so that you can play from lead sheets, chord sheets and sheet music.
- You will start to improvise using the pentatonic and blues scales.