PUNKADEMIC Studio Techniques How To Build A Home Studio TUTORIAL
This class is for anyone who makes music and is looking for that perfect space in their home or apartment to do it in.
We’re going to aim for keeping things inexpensive. I won’t be recommending the latest expensive equipment, but only what you really need..
Acoustics matter! I’ll be walking you through how to find (or build!) sound panels and where to put them to make your room sound great.
We will talk about hardware, software, furniture, room design, and more! Everything to make your environment comfortable and sounding great.
At the end of this class, we will have turned your spare room into a great sound space for recording, mixing, producing, or any other music activities you need.
Here is a list of some of the topics we will cover:
- Types of Studios
- Essentials in a Studio
- A Tour of My Studio
- Mac or PC?
- Mac Computer System Requirements
- PC Computer System Requirements
- Laptop Vs. Desktop Computer
- Tablet Computers in the Studio
- Picking Your DAW Software
- Plugins to Consider Starting Wtih
- Other Free Software Tools
- Controllers (MIDI/USB)
- Speakers: Selection and Placement
- Audio Interfaces
- Analog Gear
- The Right Desk
- Desk Placement in Your Room
- Other Furniture
- Speaker Placement
- Acoustic Treatment for Your Room
- Sound Proofing
- Movable Sound Panels
- Installing Your Audio System
- Audio Routing
- Cable Length Considerations
- Microphone Purchasing
- Other Outboard Gear
- Music Stands and Mic Stands