Sonic Academy Understanding Mixing Level 2 TUTORIAL
This week we welcome back Protoculture for an in-depth look at one of the most important aspects when making music – Mixing.
Following on from Phil’s brilliant Understanding Mixing Fundamentals course, Nate takes things a step further, looking at ways to help your workflow, the pitfalls that you need to watch out for when mixing a track and tips and tricks that’ll get you heading in the right direction when tackling your mixdown.
Whether you’re just starting out or already releasing music, getting things right when mixing is vital and can literally make or break a track, so this is a must-watch for producers of all abilities out there!
Get on it, level up and make those tracks shine above the rest!
- Tutorial 01 – Introduction
- Tutorial 02 – Signal Flow Basics
- Tutorial 03 – Gain vs Faders
- Tutorial 04 – Gain Staging
- Tutorial 05 – VCA Faders
- Tutorial 06 – Stereo Balance vs Combined Panning
- Tutorial 07 – Group, Busses and Submixes
- Tutorial 08 – Sends, Returns and Auxiliary Channels
- Tutorial 09 – Balancing Your Mix
- Tutorial 10 – Setting the Kick and Bass Relationship
- Tutorial 11 – Pink Noise Mixing
- Tutorial 12 – Mixing with Auxiliary Channels
- Tutorial 13 – Nested Sends and Advanced Routing