Steve Nixon The Jazz Masters Method TUTORiAL
I’ve taken everything I’ve learned from playing jazz and teaching it to others and I put it into a simple system that you can use right now to learn Pro Level Jazz Improvisation just like the masters.
In This DVD I’m Going To Show You How To…
- Master incredible jazz licks from Bud Powell, Bill Evans, Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, Diana Krall, Oscar Peterson, Ray Charles, Barry
- Harris, and Red Garland.
- Navigate through the most common jazz chord progressions so you’ll never get stuck improvising over your favorite jazz tunes.
- Incorporate simple rhythmic endings that will propel your groove and jazz phrasing.
- Practice more efficiently so you’ll be more productive every time you sit down to practice.
- Learn jazz theory in an easy way without having to memorize tons of endless formulas.
- Play over 40 chord voicings so you’ll be able to play the hippest chords behind all your favorite jazz songs.
- Learn Bill Evans rootless chords so you can add sophistication and richness to your jazz playing
- An easy way to play two handed chords that will greatly improve your soloing and comping behind other musicians.
- Play simple shell voicings that will have your chords sounding just like your favorite bebop jazz musicians (Bud Powell, Barry Harris etc.)
- Incorporate a simple way of adding 4th voicings to your jazz playing so you can easily make your playing sound modern and fresh.
- Play specific Herbie Hancock and Chick Corea cluster chords that will add a super contemporary sound to your playing.
- Use intervallic development in your playing so all your solos sound clear, engaging, and musical.
- How to transform 1 lick into an infinite amount of new licks so you’ll never run out of ideas to add to your playing.
- A fun way to play 2 handed block chords that will add richness to your solo piano, trio playing, and even your jazz improvisation.
- A simple way to combine blues and jazz concepts together so you can add soulfulness and sophistication to a variety of different musical styles.
- Play classic jazz rhythms to easily make your playing sound more energetic and authentic.
- Add beautiful upper structure triads to your playing which will spice up all the chords you already know.
- A fun way of adding extensions and alterations to your chords so you can transform boring chords into the chords that real jazz pros actually use.
- Play different scales (altered scales, major blues scales, minor blues scales, modes, etc.) so you’ll have TONS of cool and exciting ways to play over lots of chords.
- Important chord substitutions that will have your musician friends turning their heads in amazement.
- Essential pieces of jazz vocabulary that every jazz musician needs to know.
Here’s What You Get Inside “The Jazz Masters Method” DVD Program
- Over 2 hours of jam packed video training on jazz improvisation.
- A step by step exploration of 9 different legendary jazz piano players and their improvisation concepts.
- Detailed notation of every jazz legend’s licks and chords.
- An easy to follow Action Plan that will help you implement your favorite licks, chords, and scales quickly and easily.
- Tons of on screen video and text that makes learning every note fun, easy, and accessible.
- (You don’t need to know how to read music either. Each jazz legend’s licks are notated, but you can just as easily play, pause and rewind the video as much as you like!)