TAINY Beatmaking & Music Production TUTORIAL
Learn to produce beats and songs with one of the industry’s most in-demand producers. In this 4-week online class, Tainy will share his complete process for creating tracks across reggaeton, trap, dance, and other genres. Put his techniques into practice and finish the class with 4 original beats in different styles.
What you’ll learn Learn to produce across Tainy’s signature styles
Reggaeton Production Techniques
- Finding inspiration & starting tracks
- Signature reggaeton drums patterns
- Tainy’s go-to reggaeton sounds and samples
- Mixing & mastering beats
- Producing a song with a vocal end-to-end
- Reverb, delay, and other FX
Trap Beats, Basslines, and 808s
- The 4 key elements of a trap beat
- 808s and producing trap bass-lines
- Trap rhythms & drum production
- Selecting the right kick, snare, and hi-hat
- Drum embellishments and layering
- Creating variation in your instrument sounds
Dance, Uptempo, & Club Beats
- Vocal chop melodies
- Creating dynamics with fills and sweeps
- Producing a build-up and drop
- Dancehall drum patterns
- Sidechain, filtering, and dynamics
- Automations & advanced effects
What you’ll do Apply what you learn, and create 4 beats in 4 weeks
- Project 1: Finding Inspiration & Starting a Beat
Learn how Tainy starts a beat by selecting the right sound and then lays down the essential elements of a reggaeton beat.
- Project 2: Produce a Reggaeton Beat
Watch Tainy expand his beat into a fully arranged track that he can take to an artist, and follow along to finish your beat.
- Project 3: Trap Production & 808s
Follow along with Tainy to create the essential elements of a trap beat, including drum patterns, 808s, and more.
- Project 4: Finish Producing Your Trap Beat
Tainy expands his trap-inspired idea into a finished track. Follow along to finish your second beat of the class.
- Project 5: Dance Beats & Vocal Chops
Tainy shows you a third style of beat, this time a dance or uptempo track that incorporates vocal chops.
- Project 6: Produce Your Dance Beat
Continue expanding and polishing your dance beat until you have finished your third beat of the class.
- Project 7: Producing with a Vocal Demo
In this part of the class, instead of creating an instrumental beat, you’ll start a track from a vocal demo written by an artist.
- Project 8: Produce a Full Song with a Vocal
Continue adding sounds, expanding, and polishing your track until you have a release-ready song with a lead vocal.
How it works Get the flexibility of an online class, with the accountability of a cohort
- LEARN Watch exclusive video lessons
Access the pre-recorded video lessons any time and watch them around your owsn schedule. See the full creative process in depth and from start to finish.
- CREATE Practice with projects
Put what you learn into practice with hands-on projects. Work towards shared deadlines with your classmates, but choose when to do the work throughout your week, on your own schedule.
- SHARE Learn with a peer group
Share your work, give feedback, and connect with others who share your passion. You’ll take the class with an intimate peer group of ~25 others, who will help you stay accountable and inspired.