Scaler 2 v2.5.0 VST2 VST3 AU AAX [WIN & MacOSX]
Scaler 2.5 is an inspirational and powerful music theory workstation that gives you access to a world of new ideas, expressions and melodies. With powerful detection of MIDI and audio, Scaler 2 can determine what key and scale you’re in and suggest chords that match your music. The plugin helps you discover the perfect melody with performance expressions, and can even suggest ways to change from one key to another.
Scaler 2.5 makes finding chords and progressions intuitive and fun! It’s a comprehensive but easy to use toolbox that will help anyone make better music.
- Discover your music’s key and explore alternative scales, modes and chord sets
- Choose from hundreds of keys and modes, quickly build progressions in the sequencer
- Over 200 artist chord sets from the likes of Carl Cox, MJ Cole, The Temper Trap, Mitekiss, CeCe Rogers and Mike Huckaby
- Over 300 unique genre, common and mood-based chord sets such as Chill, Drum & Bass, Jazz, Cinematic, EDM, Metal…
- Browse chord variations to get suspended chords, extended chords, dominant sevenths and jazz chords
- Create unique chords by searching & selecting from the circle of fifths or by entering note by note on your keyboard in Chord Create / Editor mode
- Play melodic expressions with over 200 phrases, performances and rhythms by professional musicians across various time signatures
- Use the arpeggio or strum features to perform in real-time and synced to your DAW
- Discover chord substitutions that lend variety to your progressions
- Experiment with different chord voicings to spread notes across the keyboard
- Export MIDI to your DAW simply by dragging and dropping
- Assign any VST / AU instrument to Scaler 2.5 to control your favourite synths or use over 30 internal electronic, acoustic and orchestral sounds
- Play and record one-finger chords and melodies using Scaler 2’s Bind MIDI function
- Establish your scale with audio detection as well as MIDI detection
- Generate bass lines adapted to your current scale and chords with Bass Mode
- Generate melody lines adapted to your current scale and chords with Melody Mode and Sequence Mode
- Change keys, performances, melodies and basslines on the fly by MIDI Mapping to your computer keyboard or MIDI Controller
- Get more natural-sounding melodies and expressions with the humanise and quantise function
- Navigate between modes and pages using keyboard commands or UI buttons
What’s new in version 2?
- Redesigned from the ground up with over 200 new chord sets, hundreds of new scales, and 30 new instruments
- Play melodic expressions with over 200 phrases, performances and rhythms by professional musicians
- Establish your scale with audio detection as well as MIDI detection
- Keys Lock helps you create emotive melodies by locking keys to your chords
- MIDI Capture lets you perform inside Scaler 2.5 and then export the results as MIDI
- Modulation suggestions give you new ways to reach musical destinations
- Get more natural-sounding melodies and expressions with the humanise function
- Edit Mode for adjusting length, inversion, octave and more per chord in a pattern
- Pad View helps you to arrange multiple patterns and key switch between them
- Audition new progressions in context with DAW Sync playback
- Voice Grouping can keep your chords within a certain range for voice leading
- Chord editing and moving tools include lasso, drag n drop, replace and insert
- More than 100 new expressions in triplet feel and across several time signatures including 3/4, 5/4, 6/8, 12/8
- New Chord Create / Editor mode – create chords by searching & selecting from the circle of fifths or by entering note by note on your keyboard
- Control individual notes and velocities in each chord
- New Common Phrases (Basic, Chordal & Progression)
- Improve timing precision – Fix timing offset in recorded performance, prevent short notes from being added to recorded MIDI at looping points, and prevent hung notes.
- Added the ability to Quantise and Latch chords with Perform mode OFF
How it Works
Scaler 2 can listen to incoming MIDI or audio data and detect the key your music is in. After this, it will suggest chords and chord progressions that will fit with your song. Scaler 2 can send MIDI to a virtual instrument in your DAW, and it has 45 onboard instruments to play with as well.
- Chord Sets
Scaler 2 comes with over 400 song and genre-based chord sets and over 200 artist chord sets to inspire new progressions and melodies; plus, choose from hundreds of scales and modes to get your creative juices flowing. Simply drag the chords you want into the sequencer to build a pattern that’s unique to you.
Explore alternative chords that’ll fit with your progression, with loads of suggestions, voicings, chord extensions and variations on particular chords to help you choose the perfect feeling with every step of your song.
- MIDI Capture
New Audio Detection Technology means you can detect and analyse chords and scales from existing audio sources. With MIDI Capture, you can record Scaler 2’s output – whether you’re clicking keys or chords, or playing progressions – in order to drag the resulting MIDI to outside the plugin.
Suggest mode gives you chords compatible with your chord progression. Lock keys to your chords to create complex melodies by intuitively moving around on your MIDI controller. Humanize Scaler 2’s performance by introducing variations to velocity and/or timing. Voice Grouping profiles lets you automatically invert notes to restrict playback within certain octaves or by using open voicing.
Edit Mode lets you dial in Duration, Octave, Inversion and more parameters per chord, and there are new ways to edit chords when right-clicking. DAW Sync links your chord patterns to your DAW’s playback, making it easy to audition new progressions or alter existing chord patterns alongside your DAW project. Pad View makes it easy to construct entire arrangements, moving chords and whole progressions on a higher level.
Scaler 2 makes Modulation Suggestions for movement between your current key and a destination. The majority of suggestions have been sourced from professional musicians, and some are generated algorithmically.
With Performances, Phrases, Sequences, Basslines, Melodies and Rhythms created by real pianists and musicians, Scaler 2 isn’t just about creating chords and arpeggios – it can lay down melodies as well. Over 500 Expressions let you experiment with riffs and melodies, which can be locked to notes of your scale or a chord.
What’s new in version 2.6.0?
- New Trap Bass Sound
- New Chord Sets (Trap and Punk)
- New Multi-Stroke Strum Patterns
- Additional Guitar Chord Chart Positions
- New ‘Minimise Movement’ Option in the Suggest Chords Popup
- Resolved an Issue Showing an Incorrect Number of Chord/Notes Detected
- DAW-Sync Setting Now Properly Synchronises to Other Instances
- Show Bass/Inversion Setting Now Updates the Chord Names Properly
- Resolved an Issue With Dragging and Dropping Chords Onto Themselves
- Prevent the Welcome Screen from Reappearing When Changing Some Settings
- New Option Added to Remove Duplicate Chords In Detect Panel
- Improved Handling of Unison Chords & Single Notes In Detect Panel
- Added Ability to Add Placeholder for Unknown Chord Chart Positions
- Prevent Save Function from Overriding Files